28 November, 2014

In the Mail #4: Christmas 2014 Edition


Salutations! It's me, Skeletor!!!


Okay it's... it's not. I'm not Skeletor. That'd be cool though. Nope, just little old Cyra here, with a new segment of "In the Mail". Or am I..?

Anyway! It's been a while. Secret Santa has been upon us on Blab, which I will make a post about later. I didn't do any customizing, but I have a couple things I'm willing to share, so it will have its own post. As of today (November 28), there are ten days until the main shipping date. I'm mostly done, but my Secret Santa got done a lot faster! On what we consider in this house to be the very first day of Christmastime, my box arrived!

Today was a grand mail day for yours truly. I received a card from my friend in Australia, a 15 dollar gift card to Sephora, and a wig I'd ordered for a cosplay (yes, I cosplay on the side sometimes), as well as my Secret Santa. I finally got the "Okay" from Mrs Claus to open my box.



I say it every year - I get the best Santas. They always spoil me, and I'm always so excited and in love with what I receive. This year was no different. I was actually on the verge of tears opening some presents!


First order of business - candy! I got some Dove and, as per Blab tradition, Lindor, both of which I love. Now to resist eating everything... Hm...



Next up was this little Cob! I pressed my thumb against the wrapping paper trying to pick him up, so he was first out of the packaging. I do already have this guy, but I plan to keep him. I love these little fellas!


Mrs Claus knows I love Tolkien, and this year I finally got around to making a list of the books I have. She got me this beautiful copy of "Tolkien: A Dictionary". I flipped through it and I adore it. The pictures are spectacular, and the cover is a very soft leather. Now to find a place for it amongst my "shelving" (which consists of a full bookshelf and the top of a box).


Tequila, as usual, was not left out! Here he has some very fancy horse muffins. I plan to see him again soon - he's going to looooooove me for bringing so many goodies!

Next was a bigger package, containing...


Montana Harvest!!! I've wanted this guy for so long... I remember when I was a kid, my mom would get State Line Tack magazines around Christmas, and I'd go through and circle all the horses I wanted. He was always one of them. And now I finally have him. I began tearing up when I unwrapped him.

The last package said "Open Me Last"... And it certainly wasn't the least.

Behold, my second portrait of Tequila. How I didn't start sobbing when I was holding him is beyond me. Customs of Tequila are grails, and this guy is no exception. 



Tequila doesn't live with me. He's boarded, so I don't see him every day. In fact, I haven't seen him in quite some time due to my health. I hate it. He's my pride and joy, my guardian angel. So having this little stablemate and the medallion from last year makes being away from him a little easier.


I'm so happy with all that Mrs Claus got for me, I can't even explain it. (I'm also kind of kicking myself for not waiting until Christmas... goodness knows it would have been worth it!) Now to send out my package for a special someone...


No comments:

Post a Comment